[fusion_builder_container hundred_percent=”yes” overflow=”visible”][fusion_builder_row][fusion_builder_column type=”1_1″ background_position=”left top” background_color=”” border_size=”” border_color=”” border_style=”solid” spacing=”yes” background_image=”” background_repeat=”no-repeat” padding=”” margin_top=”0px” margin_bottom=”0px” class=”” id=”” animation_type=”” animation_speed=”0.3″ animation_direction=”left” hide_on_mobile=”no” center_content=”no” min_height=”none”]
Creating positive first impressions is all about our personal Image, which is made up of three things; how we look, how we sound and our body language. We form opinions about others in a matter of seconds and then spend the rest of our time justifying our decisions to ourselves.
Our Image communicates so much about us. It has a powerful effect on how other people approach and respond to us, personally and professionally. A positive, appropriate Image instantly puts our audience at ease. Adversely, a negative, inappropriate Image creates hard to shift obstacles and barriers to success.
- Ensure that your clothing is appropriate for the occasion
- What you wear and your grooming communicate how you feel about yourself… ask yourself what it is that you are conveying to others?
- Keep accessories, jewelery, make-up, perfume and aftershave subtle and appropriate
- Practice the art of introducing yourself and of making small talk
- Smile, make eye contact, shake hands, relax, don’t fidget
- Be conscious of the appropriate etiquette in the circumstances that you find yourself
- Remember other peoples names and use them
- Listen, pay attention to what the other person is saying in order to show interest and find common ground… don’t chatter